- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces buttermilk, room temperature
- Vegetable spray, for waffle iron
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp milk or more depending on desired consistency of the icing Sprinkles
Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar. In another bowl beat together eggs and melted butter, and then add the buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.Ladle waffle batter onto the iron. Close iron top and cook until the waffle is easily removed from iron.
Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in the milk until desired consistency.
Pour over hot waffles and top with sprinkles!