I was craving coffee and chocolate and so was born these giant Mocha Chip Cookies.
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and coffee grounds. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the both kinds of chocolate chips.
- How big you make them will change the cooking time. I made them humungous and they took about 20mns with the convection setting on. Normal size cookies will be pretty close to done at the 10mns mark.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before you move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients: 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 tbsp. whipping cream 1 tbsp. cocoa powder 1 tbsp. butter 2 tsp. water
- Stir the powdered sugar and cocoa together in a bowl.
- Heat the water, butter and cream until boiling and pour into the bowl.
- Whisk well to make a smooth icing. To check the consistency, dip your finger in. It should coat your finger.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies. Use quickly before it sets.